S.P.E.A.K.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
S.P.E.A.K.

We are the Society for the Promotion of Education and Advancement of Knowledge.

+2
Harald
George
6 posters

Dreams

George
    George
    Admin

Dreams Empty Dreams

Post  George Sat 02 Dec 2017, 10:54

Sigmund Freud believed that dreams were windows into the unconscious mind. In the open circle at Woodford Spiritualist Church last night, someone gave me a short message, telling me to start writing down my dreams. Apparently, after three months, a pattern will emerge from the record of my dreams.

I am a little sceptical about this, but I may as well give it a try. Right … one of my dreams last night was about dogs. Clever dogs, which did not like to be cooped up in one place but needed space and freedom to move about. In another dream, I was listening to the end of Brahms’s First Symphony – which was coming to an end but did not end; instead it went on and on, in different directions, even suddenly turning into a duet for two violins.

Harald

Dreams Empty Re: Dreams

Post  Harald Fri 19 Jan 2018, 03:32

Oneirology is the scientific study of dreams.
    George
    George
    Admin

Post  George Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:30

Since having that message, I have not had any really good dreams that I can recall on waking. Indeed, ever since I made the existentialist decision to quit my inauthentic lifestyle working as a Sartrean mauvaise foi sandwich salesman, my circadian rhythm has been thrown out of sync, for reasons I hardly know. Just a couple of nights ago, I could not sleep until seven in morning – and when I eventually did, it was to wake up at one in the afternoon. The world must be coming to an end.

Ian

Post  Ian Mon 10 Sep 2018, 20:55

Michael

Post  Michael Wed 12 Sep 2018, 17:41

Vicky

Post  Vicky Wed 12 Sep 2018, 18:25

The Spanish version of the song is “Estoy Soñando” (literally “I’m Dreaming”).

Where the words “I have a dream” occur in the English version, the Spanish version has “yo lo soñé”. Soñé is the first-person-singular preterite form of the verb soñar.
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed 12 Sep 2018, 18:47

“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas,” begins the music-hall song by Irving Berlin, which has been sung by various people, most famously Bing Crosby – although I prefer the version by Boney M.

Ian

Post  Ian Wed 12 Sep 2018, 19:00

Berlin is the capital of Germany – although, between 1949 and 1990, Bonn was the capital of West Germany.
    Vera

Post  Vera Sat 15 Sep 2018, 15:00

In the Old Testament, Joseph in the book of Genesis and Daniel in the book of Daniel were dream interpreters.
    George
    George
    Admin

Post  George Sun 18 Nov 2018, 23:01

I had a dream last night in which I was drifting along a river in a boat – which was heading towards the edge of a waterfall. At the last minute, a motor engine started running, and the boat was propelled against the current to safety, away from a steep plunge to death.

My guides are definitely trying to tell me something.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 03:58